Facility based crisis services
Through our 16-bed facility-based crisis unit in Chapel Hill, we serve adults who need immediate support for acute substance use and/or mental health emergencies. The crisis unit serves as the first step toward wellness and recovery – and through our partnerships with local hospitals and law enforcement it is an effective alternative to hospital emergency rooms or incarceration.
During a stay in the crisis unit, individuals stabilize (alleviate acute or crisis symptoms, detox from alcohol or drugs, or level their medication regiment) and then make a plan for their continued recovery.
Crisis Treatment Includes:
- Crisis Assessment/Evaluation
- Nursing assessment and psychiatric evaluation by trained medical staff
- Peer and staff support groups
- Peer and staff one-to-one counseling
- Help with long-term outpatient treatment plans
- Medication monitoring
- Monitoring of vital signs, blood sugar levels and assessment of needs for further medical treatment
- Medical evaluation for hospitalization if needed (risk of harm to self or others, active medical issues, unstable detox requiring more active monitoring)
“Our crisis unit is open 24/7/365.”