Donate Today. Transform Tomorrow.
Ways to Give
Your donations make recovery possible! There are many ways you can make a tax-deductible contribution to Freedom House:
Tell everyone you gave at work! – We’re a proud Agency of Excellence of The United Way of the Greater Triangle, and participate in many workplace giving campaigns including the State Employees Combined Campaign and the Combined Federal Campaign. When you make a gift, make sure to indicate Combined Federal Campaign (CFC) Number: 44409 or State Employees Combined Campaign (SECC) Number: 1475-024.
You can increase the value of your gift! Many employers offer matching gift programs that may double or triple your contribution. Fill out any matching gift forms and send to Freedom House along with your donation. Our EIN number is 56-1082674.
Making a Gift of Stock:
Consider stocks, bonds or even land that you own as an alternative to giving cash. Often donating stocks, bonds or land produces greater tax savings than gifts of cash (check with your tax accountant). Contact our Development Director for more information: Anne-Marie Vanaman, firstname.lastname@example.org or 919-942-2803 ext. 245.
Planned gifts are a wonderful way to carry on a legacy of support for recovery in our communities. To learn more about Planned Giving can meet your needs, talk to a Certified Financial Planner or your attorney.
Honor & Memorial Gifts:
A tax-deductible contribution to Freedom House Recovery Center is a thoughtful way to honor or remember your friends and loved ones. You can designate the individual on our online donation form or with your check. Freedom House will send an acknowledgment of your generous gift to the honoree or his or her family.
In-Kind Donation Wish List
Freedom House Recovery Center served more than 12,000 clients last year, many of whom were in significant financial need when they arrived at Freedom House. Your new or gently-used donations help our clients and maintain our residential facilities:
- Blankets, comforters, throw pillows (new or gently used)
- Bath towels, washcloths, shower curtains (new or gently used)
- Twin sheets and pillows (new or gently used)
- Personal hygiene items (deodorant, toothpaste, lotion)
- Umbrellas (for client use on our 5 acre campus)
- Sweats or scrubs (for clients arriving in Detox without any clothing – all sizes needed)
- Warm socks, gloves, coats
- Gently used shoes
- Glucerna products (diabetic shakes and snack bars)
- Laptop computers (less than two years old)
- Televisions and DVD players (to show Recovery DVDs)
- DVDs (good, clean, fun movies for Movie Night) and Microwave Popcorn
- Sturdy patio furniture, including a patio umbrella
- Commercial blender
All items can be donated at 104 New Stateside Drive, Chapel Hill, NC 27516.
Please visit the main administration building (1st building on your left) to drop off any items.
All donations are tax-deductible.
Freedom House Recovery Center, Inc. is a charitable nonprofit registered with the state and federal government. Our Tax ID number is 56-1082674 and donations are tax-deductible to the fullest extent allowed by law.
Freedom House Recovery Center, Inc. will not sell, trade, or share your personal information with anyone else, nor will it send mailings on behalf of other organizations.